english forum (Foro en inglés)

Un paseo por la transformación del estadio más famoso del mundo
Responder
DaniGarPe

english forum (Foro en inglés)

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

Creo este hilo para que otros usuarios de otros países puedan Escribir en inglés, para no alterar el hilo principal de las obras y tenerlo organizado.

I create this forum so that other users from other countries can Write in English, so as not to alter the main forum of the works and to keep it organized.
Imagen

DaniGarPe

Re: english forum (Foro en inglés)

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

The-Knight305 escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 11:43 Hi guys,

You can reply in Spanish I can use translate if English is hard to explain in.

I saw that the cave is almost done with digging. When do you think they will finish the other 2 stands? We are missing a lot of money and the atmosphere is not great with the unfinished stands and I assume when the digging is finished that part can be rebuild right?

Also wanted to know if there will be a building under this as well? Under the metal will they build something?

https://www.nuevoestadiobernabeu.com/wp ... scaled.jpg

Otherwise it would be a waste of space.

And do you think the works can be finished on 24-12-22 ? It seems not realistic because hey have a lot of work left.

And last but not least, I hope they have 2 or 3 rings with leds and it's a shame they couldn't build a hotel or expand the capacity to 90.000. That would have generated a lot of money and put us in the upperclass of big stadiums in the world.

DaniGarPe

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

Harry escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 12:56

I saw that the cave is almost done with digging. When do you think they will finish the other 2 stands? We are missing a lot of money and the atmosphere is not great with the unfinished stands and I assume when the digging is finished that part can be rebuild right?

Also wanted to know if there will be a building under this as well? Under the metal will they build something?

And do you think the works can be finished on 24-12-22 ? It seems not realistic because hey have a lot of work left.

And last but not least, I hope they have 2 or 3 rings with leds and it's a shame they couldn't build a hotel or expand the capacity to 90.000. That would have generated a lot of money and put us in the upperclass of big stadiums in the world.
Don't panic.
Everything's gonna be alright.
We're basically at the end of the season so we won't miss too much money at least until the next one.
Two rings with LEDs would be great. I think it's a good balance. Three or more could be nice but not sure... It may look "too much". Elegance is basically escaping from exaggeration, adding value gracefully. We don't want to be a fair show.
Hotel... Well, what can we do if the law does not allow it?
Upperclass... Mate, the stadium is already in the upperclass niche. After the renovation it will go beyond that. It will become an icon of modern architecture and engineering.
Imagen

DaniGarPe

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

Don't panic.
We're basically at the end of the season so we won't miss too much money at least until the next one.
Two rings with LEDs would be great. I think it's a good balance. Three or more could be nice but not sure... It may look "too much". Elegance is basically escaping from exaggeration, adding value gracefully. We don't want to be a fair show.
Upperclass... Mate, the stadium is already in the upperclass niche. After the renovation it will go beyond that. It will become an icon of modern architecture and engineering.

DaniGarPe

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

The-Knight305 escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 16:14

Don't panic.
Thanks for the info.
In europe everyone is allowed to open a business if they like it? Monopoly rules apply for everyone.

Maybe don flo will buy a hotel somewhere close to the stadium haha

And do you know why they where not allowed to expand the stadium ? The best return on investment is extra seats right.

Hala madrid hope we beat another plastic club tonight

DaniGarPe

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

Indigo escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 16:57 Below the big truss there will be the new Museum. It is a secondary museum and it has several levels, you can see it here in the left corner

Imagen

Seats? This is the main concern of everyone when we (I include myself) don't know much about new stadiums, once I started to research about it I changed my mind and I even want less seats for better comfort and distribution. Almost all new stadiums are 20k lower in number of seats.

DaniGarPe

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

Harry escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 16:59

Don't panic.
Thanks for the info.
In europe everyone is allowed to open a business if they like it? Monopoly rules apply for everyone.

And do you know why they where not allowed to expand the stadium ? The best return on investment is extra seats right.

I don't remember the exact technical reasons for not allowing the expansion so I prefer not to give you an answer that may be misleading. Broadly speaking, they reached the limit.
Hhmm, yeah, maybe 10k seats more would generate higher incomes, but more than 95k seats may be excessive. You are not going to sell all tickets for every match so what's the point of creating seats that may be empty relatively often -tastes are changing and there are other ways to enjoy matches such as pay per view, etc. On the other hand, due to you can not build more, there is not too much extra room for seats. The business model relies on reserving some space for VIP areas that will generate higher ROI. At the end of the day it is a matter of balance... And, you can't make everybody happy. Some people would prefer having more standard seats and other would prefer sacrificing some seats in order to have those VIP areas that generate more money which you can use to hire better players.

I assume that RM executives have evaluated all possible business options: hotels, etc But knowing Florentino, everything is possible. :D

DaniGarPe

Mensaje por DaniGarPe »

The-Knight305 escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 19:04
Harry escribió: Mié, 04 May 2022, 16:59

Thanks for the info.

I don't remember the exact technical reasons for not allowing the expansion so I prefer not to give you an answer that may be misleading. Broadly speaking, they reached the limit.
Hhmm, yeah, maybe 10k seats more would generate higher incomes, but more than 95k seats may be excessive. You are not going to sell all tickets for every match so what's the point of creating seats that may be empty relatively often -tastes are changing and there are other ways to enjoy matches such as pay per view, etc. On the other hand, due to you can not build more, there is not too much extra room for seats. The business model relies on reserving some space for VIP areas that will generate higher ROI. At the end of the day it is a matter of balance... And, you can't make everybody happy. Some people would prefer having more standard seats and other would prefer sacrificing some seats in order to have those VIP areas that generate more money which you can use to hire better players.

I assume that RM executives have evaluated all possible business options: hotels, etc But knowing Florentino, everything is possible. :D
Thanks the info guys!

What are your expectations for when the stadium will be finished?
I want to have my first visit next year and hopefully watch mbappe at work around march I hope.

The Madrid One

Mensaje por The Madrid One »

I think that most people here like to tippy toe around the fact that the stadium will still not be finished by the end of this calendar year. I've been postponing a trip to Spain for a while now, waiting for the renovations to be complete but I must admit I am frustrated as this seems never ending, lol. Can we at least get some kind of reliable estimate as to when the stadium will be "complete" from the outside? By what I understand, if anything takes extra long it should be the inside work, i.e. the retractable pitch.

When will the outside re-skin process be complete?
In the eyes of most spectators around the world the renovations will be done right there and then. The last big obstacle is completing the building on Padre Damian no?

Also, I've mentioned this before and even created a thread about it in Spanish, but I don't think enough discussion has happened regarding the actual art and meaning behind the architecture of the re-skin design. I've said in the past that surely The Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Guggenheim at Bilbao are influences because of the asymmetry and the texture of the surface.

Because it's a re-skin and not a rebuild, there are implicit limitations to the architectural design, and in a way I see a stadium like the Mercedes Benz Stadium as an example of what the Bernabeu design could look like if built from the ground up, but I think the re-skin still works. If I could describe the re-design with a name i'd call it the Guggenheim Madrid, and it should be iconic, mostly because it's Madrid's stadium and because the design works well enough as representative of the "avant-garde" and the futuristic, whatever that all means anyways.

The-Knight305

Mensaje por The-Knight305 »

Thanks for the info.
I understand the apeal of a new stadium but I am happy that they choose this option.

We would be homeless for 2 years and the iconic bernabeu would be gone. This way we keep the stadium but it will get a much needed makeover inside and out.

If we have to leave the stadium in 60 years or so we can sell the ground and build another one.

And yes, it's taking too long. In China they would be finished last year or so. They had so much extra because of covid and I still think they are not at the 75% finish mark.

It's costing us a lot of extra money (less fans in the stadium and the extra revenue that the new bernabeu would generate).

A lot of times I see almost no work in the videos posted and cannot understand why. The roof haven't had much work in a long time. The stands should already be partly rebuild even tho they are still digging. It's just a long and tedious process and I want it to finish soon.

P.s when I see the videos inside the stadium I hope they will put the finishing touches on it as well. Repaint everything, the stairs etc because sometimes in the videos the stadium look old and broken down and not properly finished in some sections.

Responder